I’m playing on Wwise since few months after a huge break without using it. I point few things that are missing, or maybe I didn’t understand. I know that some of my readers are experienced users of Wwise and be able to give me advices and help on the « issues » listed below.
I’ve added few answers.
- Autosave feature.
- Having the ability to show and element directly in the good layout. With a shortcut like Find in Project Explorer / Sync Group 1 on Designer layout. To jump between layout easily and faster.
- You can to do it with shortcuts. For Find in Project Explorer / Sync Group 1 on Designer layout do Ctrl+shift+1 and after F5.
- Always having a filter function on the top of Project Explorer (even on browse’s popup) with nice completion like : is: ‘Random Container’ ….’Switch’ Inspired by « List view » who is awesome. You have the same on SublimeText with the command palet, and it’s really efficient (Screenshots 4 and 6).
- Render fade in / fade out near normalize fonction.
- You can found it by double clicking on the audio file and go in the Source Editor.
- In multiedit have the ability to see differences between parameters like a « diff ».
- RTPC curve presets.
- Tab shortcut to move between values (doesn’t work everywhere, Audio Bus Property Editor for example).
- Double click on element shown as slave from parent bring us to parent. Same as rightclick/edit source of override and show it in the project explorer. It’s not clear and you can easily make mistakes.
- To have more informations about the audio routing, simply check it with the Schematic View with Ctrl+alt+v.
- Having the ability to add « Flag » during capture with a keyboard shortcut.
- Show the flag mention below with a small color maker in the scroll bar of capture log and in the timeline.
- Entry cue movement on music editor. Why click and ctrl and not ctrl + click ?
- Be able to change the order (up/down) of the mixing desk elements.
- Keep cables and elements highlighted in the advance profiler when selected by a click. Cable are in « bold » only when we pass over.
- Show if Voice, Pitch, Low-pass filter have a « parent » who modify their properties.
- Have the ability the reopen the project with folder expand like when it was closed.
- Add a « play log » at half speed and normal speed on the profile viewer.
- Be able to reopen saved log in the profile viewer.
- Randomiser showed like Massive knob with lfo info… For me it’s not enough readable.
- Adjustable colums size in Soundcaster (for the States for example).
- Different colors on « property editor » linked to the element selected in the project explorer, to avoid modifying properties of the wrong element. For me Wwise have to think like DAW who can have color per track to avoid confusion. An example here :